Replenishment of protective skin lipids becomes more important with time. These lipids, such as squalane, compose 15% of skin fats in the teenage years but decline to about 5% after age 50.This is a major factor in the skin becoming rough, dry, and vulnerable to damage. Retinol is one of those magical vitamins with a long history of improving skin quality. Squalane pushes the Retinol deeply into the skin. In this active retinol transport system, the 0.6% Retinol is the maximum that can be used without irritation.
Retinyl palmitate (retinol) has been found to increase skin elasticity, smooth rough skin, and reduce the peroxidation of skin lipids. (Boehnlein et al, Pharm Res 1994, vol. 11, pages 1155-9) In another study, retinyl palmitate significantly increased skin moisturization while decreasing skin wrinkling. (Ji & Seo, Cosmet Toil 1999, vol. 114, pages 61-8)
- Helps to maintain your skin's natural moisture level
- Acts to improve skin protection and increase moisture
- Hypoallergenic. Additive and fragrance free
- Absorbs quickly into the skin, leaves no oily film or residue
- Softens skin and soothes irritation
- Completely natural and non-comedogenic
- Serves as an antioxidant to cell membranes and within the cell
- Squalane is non-animal based (Squalene is from shark liver)
Skin Types: Dry to normal. Mature. Not suitable actinic skin
After cleansing the skin, apply active serums such as CP Serum, Super GHK, MultiPeptide, Collagen Cycle, etc. then apply Squalane. The squalane will help your serums to better penetrate.
Pure squalane from olea europaea (olive) fruit oil and retinyl palmitate