- Loosens and removes aging cells, oil and debris attached to the skin surface. *Stimulates new skin cell production and increases collagen formation.
- Because Salicylic Acid is oil-soluble and lipophilic, it penetrates sebum filled follicles and cleans out clogged pores, resulting in marked improvement in acne prone skin.
- Regular use of Salicylic Acid will also result in a decrease in fine lines, a smoother skin, more even pigmentation and a reduction in pore size.
- Highly effective exfoliator, this formula preps the skin for the application of treatment and/or moisturizing products.
A leading dermatologist, Dr. Albert Kligman, believes that BHAs (in particular salicylic) at concentrations of about 2% are better than AHAs for anti-aging and for skin exfoliation. Professor Kligman is well known in dermatology for his research on the anti-aging actions of retinoic acid (Retin-A). Results from Dr. Kligman's laboratory found that the outermost stratum corneum layer is renewed after applications of salicylic acid.
A small amount of the salicylic acid is converted into copper salicylate, a powerful and safe anti-inflammatory. This blends skin exfoliation with skin soothing actions. Salicylate also has ultraviolet absorbing properties. Professor John Sorenson has researched and written extensively on beneficial actions of copper salicylate on skin, general health, and the anti-cancer properties of copper salicylates.
Gently buff onto clean skin (the 2 x 2 gauze pads are best and won't waste product). You may neutralize with water after 2 to 3 minutes or sooner if the skin becomes red or irritated. Salicylic Acid is self neutralizing (takes about 10 minutes to neutralize) and can be left on the skin for a stronger action.
- Should not be used if you are allergic to asprin or allergies to salicylates (such as you cannot eat fruit).
- Always spot test on the inner wrist to determine if you have any sensitivities before applying over all.
Purified Water, Alcohol, Salicylic Acid